- Professional Flooring Installation
- Affordable Floor Replacement Costs
- Reliable, Local Flooring Installers
Find FLOORING PROS in my area
Elevate Your Home with Modern Flooring.
- Upgrade and beautify your home with stunning new flooring options. From popular laminate and vinyl planks to luxury vinyl tile and premium hardwood flooring, replacing your floors will enhance the look and value of your home.
- Choose from a variety of carpeting, plank, tile, and wood options that are easy to clean and maintain.
- Plus, you get the benefit of professional flooring installers that deliver quality results.
How much does replacement flooring cost?
The average flooring installation cost is approximately $3,500 for approximately 500 square feet. However, flooring costs will range from $1,750 to $5,000 or more based on the floor material you choose. Linoleum, vinyl tile, and carpeting are often the least expensive, while engineered wood, hardwood, and luxury vinyl tile (LVT) usually cost the most.
Flooring costs are usually based on price per square foot, which can range from as low as $2 to as much as $25 or more. The total cost depends on the flooring material, the size of the room, the condition of the existing floor, and local labor rates.
Choosing the right option
Upgrade Your Home With Cost-Effective Flooring Options.
- When it comes to home upgrades, flooring is often one of the most affordable and impactful changes you can make.
- Stylish new flooring breathes life into any room, increasing your curb appeal and even adding value to your home.
- However, there are many types of flooring to choose from. Here are the most popular flooring styles to help you make the right decision for your home and budget.
A renewable resource, bamboo flooring gained in popularity over the last decade.
- It is durable and resists moisture and stains while offering a natural and elegant appearance similar to hardwood.
- Bamboo flooring is relatively cost-effective, usually ranging from $6 to $16 per square foot.
- It is best for low to moderate-traffic areas but will last you 25 years or more.
Carpeting is a classic flooring option that is often extremely comfortable.
- With an average cost of $4 to $12 per square foot, it also adds additional insulation that will keep your rooms quieter and more comfortable in extreme weather.
- Under normal conditions with regular vacuuming and cleaning, carpeting will last around 15 years. However, it can last longer in some cases.
Extremely durable and resistant to moisture, stains, and scratches, ceramic tile floors are low maintenance and easy to clean.
- Costing between $8 and $22 per square foot, they come in a variety of colors, patterns, and sizes.
- Installation is slightly more labor intensive, and they can feel cool to the touch, but they will usually last more than 75 years with regular cleaning and maintenance.
Another renewable flooring option, cork floors are a great alternative to carpeting.
- At $6 to $14 per square foot, they are soft and comfortable underfoot and a natural insulator that retains warmth.
- Unlike carpet, they also resist moisture and are hypoallergenic. Cork flooring lasts 25 to 40 years, depending on how carefully you maintain it.
Just like wood, it is resistant to moisture and temperature fluctuations. Engineered wood floors can even be sanded and refinished.
- At $5 to $18 a square foot, engineered wood flooring offers the look of hardwood at a more budget-friendly price point.
- With proper cleaning and care, it will last 25 to 30 years.
Hardwood flooring offers a timeless and elegant appearance that adds value to your home.
- Ranging from $8 to $22 a square foot, hardwoods can enhance the look and feel of any room.
- They are durable and long-lasting and can even be sanded and refinished multiple times.
- Although they require regular sealing to prevent moisture damage, the wood will easily last 60 to 75 years.
Costing between $3 and $10 per square foot, laminate flooring is an affordable and versatile option.
- It comes in a wide range of styles and finishes and resists stains and fading.
- While it is less durable than some options, it will usually last 15 to 25 years with proper care and maintenance.
One of the most popular types of flooring available today for its balance of style and cost, luxury vinyl tile mimics the look of natural materials like stone or hardwood.
- Costing between $4 and $18 a square foot, LVT is low maintenance, durable, and resistant to water, stains, and scratches.
- With proper care, it will last from 15 to 20 years.
Made from linseed oil and other natural ingredients like cork and wood fiber, linoleum is a cost-effective and durable type of flooring.
- At just $4 to $8 a square foot, it resists moisture and stains, is low maintenance, and easy to clean. It also comes in a variety of colors and patterns.
- It typically lasts 20 to 40 years with regular cleaning and periodic resealing.
Additional Vinyl Flooring Options
Vinyl Plank Flooring
Another popular option, vinyl plank flooring comes in a variety of wood finishes. At just $3 to $10 a square foot, it is a durable and low-maintenance flooring option. It is resistant to moisture, stains, and scratches and will typically last between 10 and 20 years.
Vinyl Sheet and Roll Flooring
At $2 to $3 per square foot vinyl sheet or roll flooring is a budget-friendly option for larger areas. Like other vinyl flooring, it is easy to clean and maintain and resistant to moisture, stains, and scratches. Although it comes in fewer colors or patterns than other vinyl options, it provides a more seamless look. When cared for regularly, it will last up to 20 years
Vinyl Tile Flooring
Another affordable type of flooring, vinyl tile costs $2 to $6 per square foot. It comes in a wide variety of colors, styles, and patterns and you can even replace individual tiles if necessary. While it resists moisture, stains, and scratches, the number of seals makes it more prone to coming up than other vinyl flooring styles. On average, it will last 15 to 20 years.
Find a local pro for your project.